Friday, September 25, 2009

8 Hours and Counting

Well, I can’t sleep. I’m leaving tomorrow…okay, technically I’m leaving today; it’s really early in the morning as I type this. I’ll probably post this later in the afternoon.

So, today’s the day! Packing was even harder than expected. I thought I’d packed less than 50 pounds, but after weighing my suitcase I realized I was over. By a lot. A lot of effort later, I’ve gotten it down to less than 50 (I’ll probably be going shopping…a lot…so I’m leaving space for future purchases).

I got my class schedule, which was pretty exciting. It’s exciting now anyway. Once school starts it’ll probably be a different story.

I’m really hyper right now. I have a hard time sitting still, like I’m about to leave in five minutes. I’m nervous I’ll forget things, or that I weighed my luggage wrong and it’ll be too heavy, or other such catastrophic events. I’m nervous about meeting people as well. My previous zen has pretty much disappeared.

I can’t even sit still to finish writing this. My mind is going at 100 miles an hour. I think I’ll end here for now. I’ll post another entry once I’ve settled into my house in Sussex. Which, by the way, will be interesting because the past two years I’ve been in regular dormitories. We’ll see how this goes.

Stay tuned folks…

No comments:

Post a Comment