Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Roman Dilemma of 2010, p. 1

Hello there. Well, there's a ton of drama going on right now so I may as well make it interesting.

And now, a first look into the mind of one of the thousands of stranded people due to the Icelandic volcanic eruption.

Yeah, that's right. I'm stuck in a foreign country with pretty much no hope of getting back any time soon. I'm in Rome right now. I got here last Tuesday and was set to leave on Friday. Only what happened? A volcano, that's what happened. And of course, it happened to me.

I'll update more another time, mainly because right now there are only two computers in the hostel and everyone is in freak out mode trying to figure out how to get back home. School starts this week. I have two essays due next week. I'm a student, which means I only have so much money. This is a nightmare come true, and you're getting a first look!

Right now I'm looking into a bus or something. It'd take forever, but all the trains are sold out. It'ds just a horrible situation. British Airways isn't doing a single thing---I'm stuck paying everything myself. Very, very not good.

I'll just write a quick summary of Rome then:

1. They drive like crazy people. Those scooters/motorcycles/whatever they are are everywhere, and they try to squeeze past you even when the "walk" sign is on.

2. There are pizza and gelato shops everywhere. It's awesome. One bad thing is that drinks are really expensive. If you plan on coming to Rome I'd suggest bringing a water bottle and just filling it up at the numerous water fountains located all around the city. That's free, and considering how expensive this city is, free is good.

Actually, that's all I'm writing for now. I have to go and try to find a bus or train or whatever. Stress galore.

Oh well. at least I didn't go all the way to the airport only to be told to go back. That would've been horrible. My WONDERFUL mother texted me the morning I was going to the airport and warned me about the volcano, saving me from a trip.

Laterrrr.

To be continued, muahaha......

No comments:

Post a Comment