Thursday, June 24, 2010

Noooooooo!


I'm leaving tomorrow. I'M LEAVING TOMORROW.

I don't want to go. Not now. Can't I have another month? Argh, whyyyyyy?

My exams are over, I'm in the process of packing. I've accumulated far too much stuff so now I have to figure out how to get it all back.

Since I have "leaving the country stuff" to do, let me give a quick summary of other stuff I should have written about but haven't:

1. Basically my last couple of days in Rome were boring. There was an interesting procession type thing going down the road on Sunday, but other than that I just stayed in the hostel waiting for some sort of information. Eventually I got a flight back here.

2. I went on a trip to the Isle of Wight. It was basically a really long walk up a really big cliff. I wish I had known how steep it was before going, as I'm terrified of heights. Going up wasn't the problem though, it was going down. Still, it was a nice little outing. I'd never been on a ferry before, I wasn't expecting it to be so nice.

3. I also went on a trip...uh...somewhere. Yeah, I don't really remember where it was...it was some castle in England. There's tons of them so I can't remember what the name was. It was nice, but it rained that day so it was really cold.

4. I got my Nano book in the mail! It's awesome to actually hold something you've written.

5. I'm officially obsessed with Wicked. I've seen it two more times. There was a massive cast change so it was interesting seeing different interpretations of the characters.

6. I went to West End Live in London on June 19th. I got up ridiculously early, got a bus to London, queued for 2 and a half hours, and had a great view. West End Live is basically like a concert of West End shows, where the cast members perform a couple of songs from their shows in full costume and makeup (with a few exceptions; the woman playing Elphaba hadn't been greenified). It's amazing, and it's free. Does America have one of those? If not, we need to start doing it.




7. I went to the Brighton Pier today. It was really nice, and fattening. I got these delicious donuts that were loaded with grease and sugar...mmmm. I also had fish and chips for the first time here (I was determined to eat that meal before I left). So I think I've gotten all my English stuff out of the way.

8. When I went to see Wicked the other day I spent most of the day in Green Park and St. James Park. They were both really serene, though packed with people. London has some really amazing parks. I haven't been to Hyde Park though.

9. On the way to those parks I passed Buckingham Palace (not sure why I'm writing this backwards but oh well). I think it was the changing of the guard, but there were so many people crowded around the gates that I gave up trying to see what was happening.

So, that's that! I can't believe it's almost over...I mean seriously, I can't believe it. I don't want it to be true. I actually kind of love London, and I definitely love Brighton. I don't want to go back yet :(

I'll be on my way to the airport this time tomorrow...argh...I want to put off packing because it just reminds me that I'm leaving, but I should probably get on that so...

When I get back I think I'll post one more time, and that'll be it for this blog. It was a great year, and I hope anyone reading this has found it informative, or at least entertaining.

Well, I'm off to (convince myself to) pack! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. We do have something like West End Live- it's called Broadway on Broadway. I think it happens in the fall, in NYC. :) We also have to Broadway Flea Market, which is a like a HUGE Broadway yard sale where they sell costumes, props, programs from current and old shows, CDs, t-shirts, posters- pretty much anything you want, and they have some of the actors at stands or signing stuff in restaurants. I don't think there are performances at that one, but it's a blast!

    ReplyDelete