Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another quick one

I have absolutely nothing new to say this week, except:


BritBit 1: In the UK the ground floor and the first floor are two different things, whereas in the US the words are synonymous.


Nothing else new to report, sorry. Term has started and I’m overloaded with work, which is why I missed posting last week. Also, I feel kinda bad about saying that I think British accents are annoying. I mean, I still think it, but I feel bad about it. It depends on my mood.


Also, there are several types of English accents and I’m not sure which is the one/are the ones I don’t like, which makes it all complicated. So I guess the more accurate thing to say is that I hate the cockney accent. That’s the only one I know the name of, besides Manchester, which is also annoying.


Erm…okay, that’s it. Sorry for the lack of a good update but I’ve been assigned at least 3 books a week to read (ah, the life of an English major) and it’s rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment